From the depths of Ohiodawa: The Rumors are false!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

The Rumors are false!

As some of you know, I work at Joann’s Fabrics. I’m so excited I’m coming up on my 2nd year!!!! A raise a raise a raise la la la la la. However, this post has very little to do with my aspirating job opportunities. There’s this lady that I work with, Darr, she is amazing. Imagine a very bitchy (there's no other word for it) great aunt type (I know it’s hard) with a raspy voice ‘cause she’s been smoking most of her life. Darr is one of my favorite people. You know you’ll have a good time when you work with her. She always bitches about the company and takes every advantage she can get one over on them.
I learned to count out the till this last 4th of July.
Me: “Sorry I took so long.”
Darr: “Don’t worry about it, you did it on a day when we’re getting time and a half.”
Ok so you get it Darr’s awesome. The thing is there are a lot of rumors going around about Darr:
She was married to a Lebanese Prince.
She lived in Israel for a while.
Her kids look nothing like her because they’re Middle Eastern and Darr is defiantly a pail blond.
Those are just the highlights. So the other day she was shopping in the store and I was like “Darr, so what’s this I hear about you marrying a Middle Eastern prince?” she looked kind of shocked for a second (believe me I never thought I would ever shock Darr.) and she started laughing (her laugh is so fun. Very raspy from years of cigarettes.) She looked at me with big eyes “Who told you that?? Ooh I like that. Could we keep that one going? Well he was Lebanese. Very good looking Lebanese. But they don’t exactly have royalty.” Our conversation was interrupted by my boss and Darr left the store but not without making some biting remark about the Joann’s company and how they’re always trying to screw us over.
As I said, the Rumors are false. I know Darr likes them but we can’t let the lies continue. spread the word!

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

Had I read that rumor in an email I would not have believed it. That's hilarious!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger el padrino said...

I'm still not so sure...I need more proof!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger erin said...

I LOVE DARR!!!!!!! My mom and I worked with her at the old fabric store. Will you tell her I said "HI"? And Jet (Jeanette) too? Oh, I miss them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home