From the depths of Ohiodawa: Easter Play 2006

Friday, April 21, 2006

Easter Play 2006


Easter play 2006
Originally uploaded by Rael1.
this is the whole fam. Ok so not really my dad isn't there. I guess I should have said this is the whole fam who's ever been a part of the Easter play. From top left to right its: Evelyn, Jonny, Jim, Cathy, ME!!!, and Joe. We were all involved in the passion play at CLC (the church I've attended since I was in second grade.) sadly this will probably be the last year we are all in this play as a family. My parents and my little bore Joe are moving to Pablo. I know Pablo I wouldn't wish that on anyone but it looks like its the way it has to be. My brother Jonny will be joining the marines in August and who knows when he'll be back. (its really ok I'll miss him but I think it's the perfect place for him.) my little sis is feeling God pull her in a different direction like say... Asia. She thinks that she won't be in this sate much longer. My older brother Jim is hoping to have a different job by this time next year and will probably won't be able to get off work. I am going to be in x-ray tech school (if God blesses me that is.) which will take up a great deal of my time and I know I wouldn't be able to do the play.
so all that is to say that this is the end of an era. I know this will never happen again for my family. It's exciting to see that we are all going off to do what God wants us to do but I'll miss all the fun times we've had.
I've been doing the passion plays since I was (wruffly) 12 which means I've done at least 10 passion plays throughout my life time. I think it might be more cause I can remember doing them when the other guy did Jesus and the guy who does them now has been doing them for 9 years. It's kind of cool to think about how many people my life has touched through this play. Around 7000 people come to see it every year. Wow. Well this is really getting mushy so I'll just say it
so long Easter Alive. It was good while it lasted.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

It's bittersweet watching your family grow up. My brother's in Wisconsin and my sister is in Bozeman. I really cherish the times we are able to get together, but I still hope that we'll all live closer some day. All of my mom's siblings live in Missoula or Frenchtown, but it didn't used to be that way.

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm writing an article on passion plays. I'd be interested in knowing if your church is having one this year and all the details. email me at cindy @ remarkableteam . com - of course delete the spaces. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home